- Give the title of the article and name of the author (s) and provide a full citation of the article. Identify the author by profession or importance.
- Identify the purpose of the article
- Tell what the research question is and explain why it is interesting and important. Give your overall impression.
- It is important in introductory paragraph include a thesis statement which identifies the main points you will be discussing in the body (analysis) of the review.
- Briefly describe methods, design of the study, how many subjects were involved, what they did, the variables, what was measured, and where the reserach was conducted.
- Describe the results/what was found
- Discuss the strength and the usefulness of the article/study
- Discuss the weaknesses, limitations, or problems of the article/study
- Discuss what you learned from the article and if you recommend it to other students
- Support your analysis with qoutations and/or specific examples throughout.
- Summarize the previous discussion
- Make a final judgement on the value of the article
- State what you learned from the article
- Comment on the future or implications of the research.
* Lecture notes for EDC 7720